RWDI is seeking a Business Analyst. Reporting directly to the Director of Finance, this key operations focused position will be responsible for supporting the Regional General Managers and Project Delivery teams in a mid-sized Canadian consulting firm with global operations.
- Responsible for monitoring financial metrics (such as NLM, overruns, revenue recognition and pricing etc.) related to projects and service lines utilizing the company’s accounting system
- Conducting revenue, project and service line variance analysis to determine root causes of resulting performance
- Responsible to provide financial consulting, advice and recommendations on sector performance, business opportunities and new initiatives
- Assist the leaders of the project delivery teams to ensure that project financial performance targets are achieved
- Identify, develop and oversee the execution of process improvement plans related to the project lifecycle
- Make recommendations on project delivery KPI’s to drive desired behaviours in order to meet the short and long-term objectives of the organization
- Ensure that appropriate processes are installed to support the achievement of project billing and cash collection targets
- Monitor client payment practices in conjunction with the collections team, provide input for client ratings and provide recommendations to improve project payment terms
- Collaborate with Business Development team to help analyse sources of incoming opportunities and evaluate total potential work in the pipeline
- Participate in weekly meetings that focus on monitoring project performance, cash-flow and operations
- Responsible for preparing and maintaining financial models to support ongoing decision making, quarterly rolling forecast and the annual budgeting process
- Participate in the integration of financial reporting systems of newly acquired operations
- In addition to the above responsibilities, this individual will provide assistance in monitoring the financial performance of geographic offices outside of Canada
Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Director of Finance and Regional General Managers
Suitable candidates will have:
- A university degree in business/ commerce or a strong business background
- Five or more years’ experience in business operations/ project performance management in an engineering firm / department
- Possession of a professional accounting designation – CGA, CMA or CA – would be considered an asset
- Advanced Excel skills
- Working knowledge of BST enterprise financial management and accounting system considered an asset but not required
- Proven ability to identify and develop new procedures, processes and reporting initiatives to improve efficiencies
- Sound judgment, analytical and problem solving skills
Demonstrated business analysis skills, with the ability to see implications and provide consultative solutions and recommendations
How to Apply
Please respond by e‑mail: firstname.lastname@example.org noting file #BA/Jan_14
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
RWDI endorses and practices the principles of equal opportunity employment.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Closing date: Position will remain open until filled.