Air Quality Scientist Technologist
Thunder Bay, Ontario
RWDI is seeking a dynamic individual to join its Air Emissions Testing team as full-time Air Quality Scientist/Technologist in our Stack/Field Testing Group in the Thunder Bay office.
This role includes but is not limited to:
- Understanding and completing technical aspects of air testing projects (focus on ambient air programs)
- Working in a team environment to complete assigned tasks
- Following standard procedures
- Facilitating the acquisition and management of data ensuring that QA/QC procedures are followed
- Preparation of reports
- Performing routine and troubleshooting maintenance on instrumentation
- Working to strict schedules while maintaining product quality
- Working without direct supervision
Skills & Qualifications
We are accepting applications from candidates with the following skills and qualifications:
- Post-secondary education in technology (environmental, electrical, instrumentation), engineering, or science (environmental, chemistry or electrical)
- Strong computer and analytical technical “hands-on” skills
- An aptitude for practical problem solving
A valid driver’s licence and reliable vehicle
Candidates should also possess:
- Strong people and team skills as well as being highly motivated
- An ability to work in a fast-paced team environment with no supervision
- Exceptional organizational capabilities, coordination and consultation skills
- Willingness to travel and to work long hours, evenings, weekends (including Sundays).
- Aptitude for attention to detail to ensure a high degree of quality assurance and quality control
- Instrumentation experience is a significant asset.
How to Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter by e-mail to email@example.com noting file #Thunder Bay/Field/Sept_13
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. RWDI endorses and practices the principles of equal opportunity employment.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Closing date: Position will remain open until filled.